Thursday, March 19, 2009

The stochastic variable

The stochastic variable, this is what my posting has become.
It feels nice to write again after a long while. (Not that I have not been posting, I think I have been regular this year, but recent posts were mere compilations of pictures and quotes)SO, unlike typical bloggers who are so jobless they write every day/week about anything from paper towels to Naruto to someone they hardly know, I have a life, and a credible amount of dignity. So what if my posts are sporadic. To me, blogging is a simple hobby, and not a full time occupation, or a claim to fame. It also feels nice to know that my readership has gone up somewhat exponentially, (Honestly speaking , I never expected it , I always thought
no one's ever going to read my blog, I mean why should anybody? I am no actor, writer, reality show winner etc... But then again, I thought what the heck, it's going to be my personal journal, so, be it. And since then my profile views have been increasing, 160 something, oh boy! Where did all these people come from?!) So, I take this moment to express my gratitude.

Watching people use facebook I can learn about herding sheep .
It, now occupies my free time and thoughts (usually pleasantly)... though I was never criticized for my limited pursuits, been into some serious painting ( my medium being oil on canvas, for most of my works , but I tried some acrylic too), clay modeling, editing a magazine, swimming , debates , writing , Indian classical music (I use this term quite loosely)..and lately blogging.Out of all these I think the last one is the least burdensome and demanding , all I have to do is sit and type . Ah, what a cushy job ! And like other hobbies , it too, loyally provides abundant nourishment to my mind, like a hearty meal. So, here I am.

In a last couple of months internet had become repulsive, thanks to the ever stupid social networking sites, I got sick and tired of them, so much so that I deleted my account twice from one such site. Out of so many negative things to point out (yeah I am pretty good at this one), this one undoubtedly stands out ... the UPDATES.
No, not my updates, but those from my friends (and some not so friendly muttonheads residing in my friend's list).
I mean, why will I ever want to know the results of "what Japanese name are you?" QUIZ... yeah u read it right ... and the results are something like ..."if you are a girl your name would be seito, if you are a boy it would be shoyite"... see, just how customized these quizes can be.. they don’t even bother about your gender ... and the fuck-up is... they want ME to know this precious bit about their lives!! .. Why, may i ask ? Wait,do you think it's gonna change my life? REALLY... do you?

Or for that matter "what animal are you" QUIZ.... err what?!!
NO, I don't want to know if you are a chimpanzee or a pig. Yes, but I DO want to know, when are you evolving into a sensible friend and come out of your mental numbness.

And as if this wasn’t enough some of them will "poke" me (or even better "super poke" me) ... and they expect me to poke them back... yes, they do expect ! and if u don’t do anything to them they will like to leave a scrap which essentially translates to "why are you not active on this account?" and I sometimes wish I could leave a scrap /wall post as a reply ..No dude I am not going to do such a thing, and I might as well ask you why did u do it in the first place I don't know if you are normally stupid or deliberately acting obtuse??

And after getting irritated, frustrated, peeved, annoyed, pissed... pallavi takes to blogging.
Blogging: quick and easy, and comes with stupidity proof shield.


Enter stage. Lights . Camera (readers), Action !

I came, I posted, I left.


Also, I think, I have reached a stage (chronologically), where I want to be heard, only(save me the unnecessary applications).
Now, what's great in that? Everybody wants to be heard...
Yeah, nothing great...but along with it I’d love to read some impressive blogs,write-ups by other bloggers, I also follow them( off and on, not regularly though )
Some of them, bloggers that is, are luminaries and some are ordinary people (like me) with extraordinary blogs, blogs that make me T-H-I-N-K.

so, happy blogging !


..

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loathe the new facebook .. i am glad someone came with a nice article about it ..
and yeah happy blogging !!!

Rahul said...

I had the same time management problem like you do....so I deleted my blog....

Vikas Yadav said...

Your article reminded me the best possible option I always had to release my mental strain. I have restarted blogging. Thanks for showing me the light. By the way I liked your in-formal and free flowing writing style.

AKKHIL said...

Hiii5

Well this blog seems like anti face book and orkuting-- any ways our views matches a lot...// after so many years you think that you have find yr right choice that’s BLOGGING…. But that’s not the case girl its just for 2 to 3 years from now and after that u will started getting bored and pissed of from life same way as you feel now days about social networking sites ..




To tell your story in more professional way…lets see this graph…
Every time in yr life when you start some new thing ( to which u are attracted the most) like facebk, ork and now blogging…that is yr introduction phase the virtual is 10 percent here as the times passes yr interest rises like any thing and that’s the growth phase (the stage in which u are right now ---blogging) and soon after some time u will be getting irritated and find some negative points about blogging like ( anti social elements writing notorious about u in the blog)///that will be the maturity phase and after few time yr interest wd be declining and u will start hating blogging……

This is known as life time curve and seems true in many cases…

Well I hope u will agree with my point of vies. ..but you can increase the time of this life cycle by developing some innovating features into it or doing things more differently…

fk this graph is nt attaching ...

thanks
A.KK

Ankush Samant said...

statistically correct stochastic blog!
cheers,
ankush.

mohitparikh said...

hehe,
I came, I posted, I left.
by the by, facebook does provide options for restricitng all those Updates. I guess smtimes we shld 'listen' too. :)

Roni said...

Your Post says a lot about social networking sites, especially Facebook.
To tell you the fact this is really weird, I find people so jobless taking so many stupid Quiz. Like
Prove me u r my best friend
Which actor you are
Or some time what’s ur name in Arabic..
It does really irritates people.. good to find a post in that. Keep blogging

K. said...

great post! I started blogging only a few months back and I am totally addicted. I've given up (most) TV for it and I feel my life is so much better...THINKing is good!

Akshay S Dinesh said...

Facebook has really turned useless.
But orkut still has some sensible discussion forums. (and many more senseless ones too.)

Now, I heard someone pointing out that blogging, after the learning curve, will take you the same place where social networks did.
But that is like thinking that newspapers, mobile phones or tv, or internet will start turning uninteresting after the learning curve.

blogging is for people to express themselves. And it's we who decide what to go on air.
But the social sites are for those who need to waste time. They decide what we must to do. And it's all theirs

Long live blogging.

miro said...

Ah, very well put !

AKKHIL said...

hello

Ladies and gentlemen!!


One of my friend could not understand what I told….first of all it is not the learning curve it’s the life cycle curve (to know more about it just Google)

Things are not forever everything fade with time.. u ,me plants, animals , this world, sun, moon , stars everything will be fade in the set period … it’s a general concept…

U are talking about newspaper, mobile phones or internet. A time will come dear when there will be other means of better communication and new innovative concepts will come which will fade the interest of the old ones …. This graph never shows the ending phase it shows the decline of the object. So my idea was to tell the blogger that it’s a general thing where u start liking things and after a Time u pinpoint some mistakes and u choose better alternatives and the thing became uninteresting for you.…

No comments about social networking sites like which is better face book or Orkut…its a childish thing to discuss… u enjoy whatever u like its your life. Everything has a value and they must be creating some value for there millions of users.. some waste time and some enjoy networking….

If u love blogging then never say "LONG LIVE BLOGGING" that means u know that it will end one day and u are asking that it shd live longer..

any ways if u love it then be confident and say "NEVER DIE BLOGGING"


thanks

dr.akkhil chatwal

Akshay S Dinesh said...

Dr saab, you're right. Nothing is static in this world.
I was a little too reluctant to admit that blogging will once be overthrown (because I love it so much)

(These females know well how to create a fight. :D )

AKKHIL said...

ohh ohh ohh......

hey dude..sorry if u find i was rude..any ways now i can sense who was behind this whole heated consiperacy...

any ways let us team upp dude next time if this blogger put any of new blog we both will take out so many mistakes and wd critique so much that blogger should chage her name from Happy Fly to Sad Fly...

whts say...Trust me..waisee be goro kii band bajja rakhii hai,...

srry once again boy..get ready for the fight...

JOO BOLE SONIHAAL...

AKKHIL said...

Hey one more thing...i used so much brain to write a comment for this write upp , But "Happy fly" never Appretiated and when u oppose me..she told to you "VERY WELL PUT"... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hence proved your statement these females know who to crete a fight..

miro said...

guys guys, CHILL.

sudipta mandal said...

as the author rightly pointed out people want to be heard...even if they might not say it in open..social networking does the same thing...and so does blog...people taking quizzes and clicking the publish button and writing blogs and expecting comments by other people like me does the same thing i.e. people wnt to be heard..its difficult to be unisolated frm other world.we only listen or see what we want to see in other words we want people except for the self to be the mirror of our self..

bad said...

the most beautiful women in this world is pallavie. I am very proud that I'll be your husband soon.ahmed

miro said...

@last comment- What a schmuck!